- This Document
- Collection of Personal Data
- Creation of Personal Data
- Categories of Personal Data we may Process
- Lawful basis for Processing Personal Data
- Sensitive Personal Data
- Purposes for which we may Process your Personal Data
- Disclosure of Personal Data to third parties
- Data security
- Data accuracy
- Data minimisation
- Data retention
- Your legal rights
- Cookies and similar technologies
- Direct marketing
- Contact details
1. This Document
This document explains how we may Process Personal Data. This Policy may be amended or updated from time to time.
This document is issued by Air Audio Services Limited on behalf of itself and its trading subsidiaries (includes any entity lawfully trading under the Air Audio Services Ltd. company, (together, "Company", "we", "us" and "our") and is addressed to individuals outside our organisation with whom we interact, including customers and visitors to our Sites (together, "you"). Defined terms used in this Policy are explained in Section 18 below.
For the purposes of this Policy, Company is the Controller. This Policy covers the information practices relating to Company websites now or in the future. Contact details are provided below in section 17.
This Policy may be amended or updated from time to time to reflect changes in our practices with respect to the Processing of Personal Data, or changes in applicable law. We encourage you to regularly check this page to review any changes we might make in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
2. Collection of Personal Data
We may collect or obtain Personal Data about you: directly from you (e.g., where you contact us); in the course of our relationship with you (e.g., if you make a purchase); when you make your Personal Data public (e.g., if you make a public post about us on social media; when you visit our Sites; when you register to use any of our Sites or services; or when you interact with any third party content or advertising on a Site or in an App. We may also receive Personal Data about you from third parties (e.g., law enforcement authorities).
Collection of Personal Data: We may collect Personal Data about you from the following sources:
- Data you provide: We may obtain your Personal Data when you provide it to us (e.g., where you contact us via email or telephone, or by any other means, or when you provide us with your business card).
- Relationship data: We may collect or obtain your Personal Data in the ordinary course of our relationship with you (e.g., if you purchase a service from us).
- Data you make public: We may collect or obtain your Personal Data that you manifestly choose to make public, including via social media (e.g., we may collect information from your social media profile(s), if you make a public post about us).
- Site data: We may collect or obtain your Personal Data when you visit any of our Sites or use any features or resources available on or through a Site.
- Registration details: We may collect or obtain your Personal Data when you use, or register to use any of our Sites or services.
- Content and advertising information: If you choose to interact with any third party content or advertising on a site, we may receive Personal Data about you from the relevant third party.
- Third party information: We may collect or obtain your Personal Data from third parties who provide it to us (e.g., credit reference agencies; law enforcement authorities; etc.).
3. Creation of Personal Data
We may also create Personal Data about you, such as records of your interactions with us, and details of your purchase history for internal administration purposes and analysis, including to better understand your needs and interests and to personalize and improve your experience and the better running of our business.
4. Categories of Personal Data we may Process
We may Process: your personal details (e.g., your name); your contact details (e.g., your address); records of your consents; purchase details; payment details (e.g., your billing address); information about our Sites and Apps (e.g., the type of device you are using); information about your interactions with our content or advertising; and any views or opinions you provide to us.
We may Process the following categories of Personal Data about you:
- Personal details: given name(s); preferred name; and photograph.
- Demographic information: salutation; job title/industry; and language preferences.
- Contact details: correspondence address; telephone number; email address; and details of your public social media profile(s).
- Consent records: records of any consents you may have given, together with the date and time, means of consent and any related information (e.g., the subject matter of the consent).
- Purchase details: records of purchases and prices.
- Payment details: invoice records; payment records; billing address; payment method; bank account number or credit card number; cardholder or accountholder name; card or account security details; card ‘valid from’ date; and card expiry date; BACS details; SWIFT details; IBAN details; payment amount; payment date; and records of cheques.
- Data relating to our Sites; device type; operating system; browser type; browser settings; IP address; language settings; dates and times of connecting to a Site; App usage statistics; App settings; dates and times of connecting to an App; location data, and other technical communications information (some of which may constitute Personal Data); username; password; security login details; usage data; aggregate statistical information.
- Employer details: where you to interact with us in your capacity as an employee, the contact information of your employer (including name, address, telephone number and email address) to the extent relevant.
- Content and advertising data: records of your interactions with our online advertising and content, records of advertising and content displayed on pages or App screens displayed to you, and any interaction you may have had with such content or advertising (including mouse hover, mouse clicks, any forms you complete (including incomplete forms not submitted) and any touchscreen interactions).
- Views and opinions: any views and opinions that you choose to send to us, or publicly post about us on social media platforms.
5. Lawful basis for Processing Personal Data
We may Process your Personal Data where: you have given your prior, express consent; the Processing is necessary for a contract between you and us; the Processing is required by applicable law; the Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of any individual; or where we have a valid legitimate interest in the Processing.
In Processing your Personal Data in connection with the purposes set out in this document, we may rely on one or more of the following legal bases, depending on the circumstances:
- Consent: We may Process your Personal Data where we have obtained your prior, express consent to the Processing (this legal basis is only used in relation to Processing that is entirely voluntary — it is not used for Processing that is necessary or obligatory in any way);
- Contractual necessity: We may Process your Personal Data where the Processing is necessary in connection with any contract that you may enter into with us;
- Compliance with applicable law: We may Process your Personal Data where the Processing is required by applicable law;
- Legitimate interests: We may Process your Personal Data where we have a legitimate interest in carrying out the Processing for the purpose of managing, operating or promoting our business, and that legitimate interest is not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights, or freedoms.
6. Sensitive Personal Data
We do not seek to collect or otherwise Process your Sensitive Personal Data. Where we need to Process your Sensitive Personal Data for a legitimate purpose, we do so in accordance with applicable law.
We do not seek to collect or otherwise Process your Sensitive Personal Data in the ordinary course of our business. Where it becomes necessary to process your Sensitive Personal Data for any reason, we rely on one of the following legal bases:
- Compliance with applicable law: We may Process your Sensitive Personal Data where the Processing is required or permitted by applicable law (e.g., to comply with our diversity reporting obligations);
- Detection and prevention of crime: We may Process your Sensitive Personal Data where the Processing is necessary for the detection or prevention of crime (including the prevention of fraud);
- Establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights: We may Process your Sensitive Personal Data where the Processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights; or
- Consent: We may Process your Sensitive Personal Data where we have, in accordance with applicable law, obtained your prior, express consent prior to Processing your Sensitive Personal Data (this legal basis is only used in relation to Processing that is entirely voluntary — it is not used for Processing that is necessary or obligatory in any way).
7. Purposes for which we may Process your Personal Data
We may Process your Personal Data for the following purposes: providing services to you; operating our Sites and Apps; communicating with you; managing our IT systems; financial management; conducting surveys; ensuring the security of our premises and systems; conducting investigations where necessary; compliance with applicable law; and improving our Sites, Apps, and services.
The purposes for which we may Process Personal Data, subject to applicable law, include:
- Provision of services to you: providing our Sites, and services to you; communicating with you in relation to those services, and providing you with promotional items at your request or in connection with those services or similar services.
- Our Sites: operating and managing our Sites; providing content to you; displaying advertising and other information to you; communicating and interacting with you via our Sites and our Apps; identifying issues with our Sites and Apps and planning improvements to or creating new Sites and Apps; and notifying you of changes to any of our Sites, our Apps, or our services.
- Communications: communicating with you via any means (including via email, telephone, text message, social media, post or in person) news items and other information in which you may be interested, subject to ensuring that such communications are provided to you in compliance with applicable law; maintaining and updating your contact information where appropriate; and obtaining your prior, opt-in consent where required.
- Communications and IT operations: management of our communications systems; operation of IT security systems; and IT security audits.
- Financial management: sales; finance; corporate audit; and vendor management.
- Surveys: engaging with you for the purposes of obtaining your views on our services.
- Security: physical security of our premises (including records of visits to our premises; and CCTV recordings); and electronic security (including login records and access details).
- Investigations: detecting, investigating and preventing breaches of policy, and criminal offences, in accordance with applicable law.
- Legal proceedings: establishing, exercising and defending legal rights.
- Legal compliance: compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations under applicable law.
- Improving our Sites, and services: identifying issues with our Sites, or our services; planning improvements to our Sites, or our services; and creating new Sites, Apps, or services.
8. Disclosure of Personal Data to third parties
We may disclose your Personal Data to: legal and regulatory authorities; our external advisors; our Processors; any party as necessary in connection with legal proceedings; any party as necessary for investigating, detecting or preventing criminal offences; any purchaser of our business; and any third party providers of advertising, plugins or content used on our Sites or our Apps. Certain Personal Data will be displayed on your profile page and elsewhere on the Services according to the preferences you set in your account. You may also chose to use the Services to share files or photos with others.
We may disclose your Personal Data to other entities within the Company group, for legitimate business purposes (including operating our Sites and our Apps, and providing services to you), in accordance with applicable law. In addition, we may disclose your Personal Data to:
- legal and regulatory authorities, upon request, or for the purposes of reporting any actual or suspected breach of applicable law or regulation;
- outside professional advisors (such as accountants, auditors, or lawyers), subject to binding contractual obligations of confidentiality;
- third party Processors (such as payment services providers; data centers; etc.), subject to the requirements noted below in this Section;
- any relevant party, law enforcement agency or court, to the extent necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights;
- any relevant party for the purposes of prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offences or the execution of criminal penalties, including safeguarding against and the prevention of threats to public security;
- any relevant third party acquirer(s), in the event that we sell or transfer all or any relevant portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation); and
If we engage a third-party Processor to Process your Personal Data, the Processor will be subject to binding contractual obligations to: (i) only Process the Personal Data in accordance with our prior written instructions; and (ii) use measures to protect the confidentiality and security of the Personal Data; together with any additional requirements under applicable law.
9. Data security
We implement appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your Personal Data. Please ensure that any Personal Data that you send to us is sent securely.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures designed to protect your Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure, unauthorised access, and other unlawful or unauthorised forms of Processing, in accordance with applicable law.
Because the internet is an open system, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will implement all reasonable measures to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us using the internet — any such transmission is at your own risk and you are responsible for ensuring that any Personal Data that you send to us is sent securely.
10. Data accuracy
We take every reasonable step to ensure that your Personal Data is kept accurate and up-to-date and is erased or rectified if we become aware of inaccuracies.
Any of your Personal Data that we Process that you inform us is inaccurate (having regard to the purposes for which it is Processed) is erased or rectified.
11. Data minimisation
We take every reasonable step to limit the volume of your Personal Data that we Process to what is necessary. We take every reasonable step to ensure that your Personal Data that we Process is limited to the Personal Data reasonably necessary in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy or as required to provide you services or access to our Apps and Sites.
12. Data retention
We take every reasonable step to ensure that your Personal Data is only retained for as long as it is needed.
We take every reasonable step to ensure that your Personal Data is only Processed for the minimum period necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. We will retain your information for as long as your interest or trading account is active or as needed to provide our Services. Your files will be deleted within 28 days after closure of your account.
The criteria for determining the duration for which we will keep your Personal Data (other than your files) are as follows: we will retain copies of your Personal Data in a form that permits identification only for as long as is necessary in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy, unless applicable law requires a longer retention period. In particular, we may retain your Personal Data for the duration of any period necessary to establish, exercise or defend any legal rights and as required for accounting purposes.
13. Your legal rights
Under applicable law, you may have a number of rights, including: the right not to provide your Personal Data to us; the right of access to your Personal Data; the right to request rectification of inaccuracies; the right to request the erasure, or restriction of Processing, of your Personal Data; the right to object to the Processing of your Personal Data; the right to withdraw consent; and the right to lodge complaints with Data Protection Authorities. We may require proof of your identity before we can give effect to these rights.
Subject to applicable law, you may have a number of rights regarding the Processing of your Relevant Personal Data, including:
- the right not to provide your Personal Data to us (however, please note that we may be unable to provide you with the full benefit of our Sites, or our services, if you do not provide us with your Personal Data — e.g., we may not be able to process your orders without the necessary details);
- the right to request access to, or copies of, your Relevant Personal Data, together with information regarding the nature, Processing and disclosure of the Relevant Personal Data;
- the right to request rectification of any inaccuracies in your Relevant Personal Data;
- the right to request, on legitimate grounds: erasure of your Relevant Personal Data; or restriction of Processing of your Relevant Personal Data;
- the right to object, on legitimate grounds, to the Processing of your Relevant Personal Data by us or on our behalf;
- where we Process your Relevant Personal Data on the basis of your consent, the right to withdraw that consent (noting that such withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of any Processing performed prior to the date on which we receive notice of such withdrawal, and does not prevent the Processing of your Personal Data in reliance upon any other available legal bases); and
- the right to lodge complaints with a Data Protection Authority regarding the Processing of your Relevant Personal Data by us or on our behalf.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
To exrcise one or more of these rights, or to ask a question about these rights or any other provision of this Policy, or about our Processing of your Personal Data, please use the contact details provided in Section (R) below. Please note that:
- we may require proof of your identity before we can give effect to these rights; and
- where your request requires the establishment of additional facts (e.g., a determination of whether any Processing is non-compliant with applicable law) we will investigate your request reasonably promptly, before deciding what action to take.
14. Cookies and similar technologies
We may Process your Personal Data by placing or reading Cookies and similar technologies.
15. Terms of Service
The Terms of Service available on our Sites will govern all use of our Services and Sites. All use of our Sites, or our Services is subject to the Terms of Service published on our Sites. We recommend that you review our Terms of Service regularly, in order to review any changes, we might make from time to time.
16. Direct marketing
We may Process your Personal Data to contact you with information regarding services that may be of interest to you. You may unsubscribe for free at any time.
We may Process your Personal Data to contact you via email, telephone, direct mail or other communication formats to provide you with information regarding services that may be of interest to you. If we provide services to you, we may send information to you regarding our services, upcoming promotions and other information that may be of interest to you, using the contact details that you have provided to us and always in compliance with applicable law.
You may unsubscribe from our promotional email list at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every promotional email we send. We will not send you promotional emails from a list you have selected to be unsubscribed from, but we may continue to contact you to the extent necessary for the purposes of any services you have requested or from additional lists you have signed up under.
17. Contact details
You may contact us at the addresses set out below or by emailing: email@example.com If you wish to be taken off our contact list for direct marketing, or if you have any comments, questions or concerns about any of the information in this Policy, or any other issues relating to the Processing of Personal Data carried out by us, or on our behalf, please contact: Air Audio Services Ltd., Rosebank House, Shepherds Green, Oxon. RG9 4QL UK, via our email address above or letter.
- "App" means any application made available by us (including where we make such applications available via third party stores or marketplaces, or by any other means).
- "Adequate Jurisdiction" a jurisdiction that has been formally designated by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection for Personal Data.
- "Cookie" means a small file that is placed on your device when you visit a website (including our Sites). In this Policy, a reference to a "Cookie" includes analogous technologies such as web beacons and clear GIFs.
- "Controller" means the entity that decides how and why Personal Data is Processed. In many jurisdictions, the Controller has primary responsibility for complying with applicable data protection laws.
- "Data Protection Authority" means an independent public authority that is legally tasked with overseeing compliance with applicable data protection laws.
- "EEA" means the European Economic Area.
- "Personal Data" means information that is about any individual, or from which any individual is directly or indirectly identifiable, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that individual.
- "Process", "Processing" or "Processed" means anything that is done with any Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- "Processor" means any person or entity that Processes Personal Data on behalf of the Controller (other than employees of the Controller).
- "Relevant Personal Data" means Personal Data in respect of which we are the Controller. It expressly does not include Personal Data of which we are not the Controller.
- "Sensitive Personal Data" means Personal Data about race or ethnicity, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual life, any actual or alleged criminal offences or penalties, national identification number, or any other information that may be deemed to be sensitive under applicable law.
- "Standard Contractual Clauses" means template transfer clauses adopted by the European Commission or adopted by a Data Protection Authority and approved by the European Commission.
- "Site" means any website operated, or maintained, by us or on our behalf.