STS Digital The way you look tonight (STS 6111154)
The liquid jazz voice of Greetje Kauffld with band, sings a selection of well loved songs.
Greetje Kauffld, a well known Dutch jazz singer, has sung with the likes of the American Jazz guitarist Herb Ellis (Oscar Peterson Trio) and bassist Ray Brown (Madern Jazz Quartet, Ella Fitzgerald) when working in America. Greetje remarkably won herself and Country 10th place in the 1961 Eurovision Song Contest, but not surprisingly perhaps, never released the song as she did not like it!
Now an 'elder stateswoman' for the female jazz singer ouver, she lives in Germany and generally works with her own trio of musicians. She has won several awards during her singing career and on her 40th anniversary as a professional musician, she was honoured with a Dutch knighthood.
'The way you look tonight' album sees her singing a selection of well known songs, covering several decades. Her style is relaxed, this is an album to sit back and de-stress to. As usual, the re-engineered master tapes offer a great sound quality that draws you into the music - pure pleasure!
- Morenal - J.L. Amalio
- So many stars - S. Mendes
- They can't take that away from me - G. Gershwin
- It might as well be spring - R. Rogers
- I get along without you very well - H. Carmichael
- The shaddow of your smile - J. Mandel
- Smile - C. Chaplin
- Nice 'n' easy - L. Spence
- It had to be you - I. Jones
- I wish you love - C. Treret
- Fly me to the moon - B. Howard
- Route 66 - B. Troupe
- I'm gonnna sit right down and write myself a letter - F.E. Alhert
Click here to find a dealer