STS Digital The Crimson Investigation (STS.T6111151LP)
Big Band with smooth attitude on tape from the Master.
STS reel to reel (R2R) tapes are transferred directly from the Master Tape.
Master Tape copies available in three options:
Highest studio quality 2 track at 38cm/sec (15" per sec.), on one 10.5" reel. These are transferred at the original Master tape speed and offer the original 'studio sound' as the musicians and engineers heard it. Held in stock.
High studio quality 2 track 'half speed' at 19cm/sec (7 1/2" per sec.), on one 7" reel. Very similar to the highest speed, loosing a little micro-detail and dynamics. Ideal way to experiance Master Tape quality of tape machines not offering 15" per sec. speed, like most Revox A77 and B77 machines. Held in stock.
To special order: 4 track tapes at 19cm/sec (7 1/2" per sec.) and 38cm/sec (15" per sec.). These are produced to order, check for prices.
All tapes IEC biased and without Dolby noise suppression, to be as close to the original recording as possible. IEC biased tapes are OK to play on other biased machines.
ONLY AVAILABLE FROM SELECTED DEALERS. (Please enquire: email@example.com)
The Crimson Investigation
This 14 piece Big Band knows how to swing! This superbly recorded and engineered album transfered on tape has been copied from the Master will put you in front of a terrific selection of classic tunes, with some tracks supported by lovely vocals from both male and female singers.
- My Romance - Richard Rogers
- Let's Fall in Love - Harold Arlen / Ted Koehler
- That Old Black Magic - Harld Arlen
- Don't get Around Much More - Duke Ellington
- It Happened in Monterey - Mabe Wayne
- But Beautiful - Jonny Burke
- A Bautifull Friendship
- Our Love is Here to Stay - George Gershwin
- It Don't Mean a Thing - Duke Ellington
- Mack the Knife - Kurt Weil
- Sway - Pablo Beltran Ruiz
- Love for Sale - Cole Porter
- Mean to Me - Fred Ahlert / Roy Turk
Click here to find a dealer