STS Digital STS Digital Jazz Masters, Vol.4 (STS T6111166)
Legendary Jazz Recordings Vol.4 offers 12 fine recordings at the highest quality sound. STS reel to reel (R2R) tapes are transferred directly from the Master Tape.
Tapes available in three options:
Highest studio quality 2 track at 38cm/sec (15" per sec.), on one 10.5" reel. These are transferred at the original Master tape speed and offer the original 'studio sound' as the musicians and engineers heard it. Held in stock.
High studio quality 2 track 'half speed' at 19cm/sec (7 1/2" per sec.), on one 7" reel. Very similar to the highest speed, loosing a little micro-detail and dynamics. Ideal way to experiance Master Tape quality of tape machines not offering 15" per sec. speed, like most Revox A77 and B77 machines. Held in stock.
To special order: 4 track tapes at 19cm/sec (7 1/2" per sec.) and 38cm/sec (15" per sec.). These are produced to order, check for prices.
All tapes IEC biased and without Dolby noise suppression, to be as close to the original recording as possible. IEC biased tapes are OK to play on other biased machines.
ONLY AVAILABLE FROM SELECTED DEALERS. (Please enquire: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Legendary Jazz Recordings Vol.4 - Track listing:
1. You’re driving me crazy (W. Donaldson)
2.Melancholy (Blues) (Bloom/Melrose)
3. Someday you’ll be sorry (L. Armstrong)
4. Mack the knife (Mackie Messer) (K. Weill/B. Brecht)
5. When it’s sleepy time down South (L. Rene/O. Rene/Muse)
6. Hello Dolly (J. Herman)
7. Cornet chop suey (L. Armstrong)
8. Blueberry Hill (Lewis/Stock/Rose)
9. Potato head blues (L. Armstrong)
10. Two deuces (M. Hardin)
11. Mahogany Hall blues stomp (S. Williams)
12. Dippe mouth blues (Oliver/L. Armstrong/Melrose)
Click here to find a dealer